Monday, March 12, 2007

Apologize Video Clip


Artist: One Republic
Source: http://youtube.com/watch?v=fm0T7_SGee4

This video clip is "Apologize" of One Republic. After watching this clip, i am impressed by the way that the director displayed the clip. All of the clip is nearly gone with the song's emotion. Before i talk more about this song, i think we should know this lyric:

I'm holding on a rope
Got me 10 feet off the ground
I'm hearin' what you say but I just can't make a sound
You tell me that you need me then you go and cut me down
But wait
You tell me that you're sorry didn't think I'd turn around and say:

That it's too late to apologize
Too late
Said it's too late to apologize
Too late

I'd take another chance, take a fall, take a shot for you
I need you like a heart needs a beat, it's nothing new
Yeah
I loved you with a fire red now it's turning blue
And you say
Sorry lord, the angel heaven let me think was you
But I'm afraid


It's too late to apologize
Too late
Said it's too late to apologize
Too late

I'm holding on a rope
Got me 10 feet off the ground

At the beginning, the name of the song is written by an ink pen by a special font and i think this font is from 19 century. Through this video clip, you will see more about the way that the director use ink, that's really impressive. I think that the song is the letter from the man in the lyric sended to his girl friend.

One special things in this song is that we don't see the artist face just only the girl who recieves the letter. The director also uses many objects such as a ring, pen with ink and some flowers. At first, everything is normal but after the girl read the letter, they all change to a drak side or become worse. That situation can represent for the emotion of the boy and also the girl. The girl wants to say sorry but it seems to be to late. Finally, everything is broken like the boy's heart and ink looks like the tear from the girl.

"Apologize" is a special video clip that i ever seen befor. I think that you will like and not only the song but also the way that the clip represents.

No comments: